Jamb, Waec, Neco, Nabteb Quiz & Series The Flashreaders Jamb, Waec, Neco, Nabteb Quiz … Take Quiz Now >
How To Answer Waec Comprehension Questions
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2022
- Read: Jamb 2022/2023 Cut Off Marks for All Schools
- Areas Of Concentration For Waec (The Guild)
You’re currently reading How To Answer Waec Comprehension Questions. So many students online search this topic or rather they ask this question How do I answer Waec comprehension questions?
Well, I answered the most I could answer and thought it as a wise idea to put this article down here so you all searching for “How To Answer Waec English Comprehension Questions Passages?” will get your answers below, continue reading!
- How Many Questions Will Jamb Set This Year? - Read!
- How Can I Cheat In Jamb? - Guide on Jamb Expo
- Full List of Post UTME Subjects 2022
- How To Pass Waec Biology Exam 2022 – (Waec Series Pt42)
- Subjects Required For Industrial Chemistry 2022
- Is Economics Compulsory For Mass Communication? – See Answer
- Does Mass Communication Require Maths? - See Answers
- Is Biology Compulsory For Art Students in Waec? – See Answer
What To Do When You Are Given Waec Comprehension Questions To Answer: The Reading Comprehension section of any examination contains comprehension passages and questions about the passages.
Read: What To Do When You Are Given Comprehension Passages To Answer
The questions are about information that is stated or implied in the passage and about some of the specific words in the passages.
Reading comprehension Passages is beginning to get more exposure with every passing day. Employers and other major examination bodies have continued to make it compulsory for students to answer questions under comprehension passages in their exams and aptitude tests.
Some examiners make candidates answer questions under more than two long comprehension passages. The painful thing is that they give candidates very limited time to attempt the questions.
Do you know that you can answer questions under comprehension passages with the speed of light in the exam hall? In fact, you can answer every question under comprehension passages without reading every line in the passage. That is what you are about to learn right now.
I will try to make this tutorial as simple as possible. I will also be linking to some of my recent articles to make sure that you don’t miss out anything. Are you ready? Take a glass of water and let’s begin.
How To Answer Waec Comprehension Questions
1) Avoid grammatical blunders because there is a penalty for the use of wrong grammar. There must be an agreement between the subject and verb in your sentence.
2) Do not spell words wrongly. Spelling your words correctly shows your diligence. Therefore, you must take pains to spell your words correctly.
3) Your answers must make sense before any part of it is accepted for scoring. Therefore, endeavour to give the correct answers.
4) Where you are asked to replace an underlined word in the passage with another word, your answer must fit in perfectly in terms of the contextual meaning and collocation. For example, if the underlined word is a noun, you must use another noun to replace it and it must have the contextual meaning of the underlined word.
5) If you are asked to show a comparison between two things or more in the passage, your answer must show such comparison.
6) Avoid mindless lifting. Though you are at liberty to use the words from the passage in your answers, you must be able to use your own words or expressions to show that you really understood the passage.
7) Your answers should be in sentences unless otherwise stated.
8) Read the passage very carefully more than ones (at least three times) and make sure you understand the passage. The first reading brings you into close contact with the underlying message/theme of the passage.
Read the passage the second time and while reading it, take note of the author’s attitude to the underlying message of the passage. After the second reading of the passage, read questions in order to know the main points emphasized in the passage.
Then, read the passage for the third time. While reading, note the relevant points that answer the question on the passage.
Please, the reading of the passage should be done quickly with full attention in order to have a total understanding of the passage. Until you understand the passage, do not answer the questions that follow.
I hope I have answered your question, now please share to your loved ones and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
Leave a Reply