Jamb, Waec, Neco, Nabteb Quiz & Series The Flashreaders Jamb, Waec, Neco, Nabteb Quiz … Take Quiz Now >
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2022
- Read: Jamb 2022/2023 Cut Off Marks for All Schools
- Areas Of Concentration For Waec (The Guild)
Undergraduate Scholarships For Nigerian Students: Are you an undergraduate student searching for scholarship opportunities that will make it easy for you to focus on your studies and not how to pay your tuition? Then, you’ve found the right page.
In this post, you’ll discover everything about the available undergraduate scholarships particularly if you’re a student studying in a Nigerian school. Also, you’d learn the requirements needed to enjoy these scholarship opportunities.
- How Many Questions Will Jamb Set This Year? - Read!
- How Can I Cheat In Jamb? - Guide on Jamb Expo
- Full List of Post UTME Subjects 2022
- How To Pass Waec Biology Exam 2022 – (Waec Series Pt42)
- Subjects Required For Industrial Chemistry 2022
- Is Economics Compulsory For Mass Communication? – See Answer
- Does Mass Communication Require Maths? - See Answers
- Is Biology Compulsory For Art Students in Waec? – See Answer
Typically, the scholarships are available yearly so you can maintain a steady stream of scholarship money for the duration of your stay in the university.
Here’s our list of the scholarship opportunities available to undergraduate Nigerian students.
- 1 Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF)
- 2 Federal Government Scholarships
- 3 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarships Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD – Overseas
- 4 Agbami Scholarship for 100 and 200 Level Undergraduate Nigeria Students
- 5 Agip Scholarships for Undergraduate Nigerian Students
- 6 Mobil Nigeria Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- 7 Shell Scholarship for Nigeria University Students
- 8 Shell/SNEPCo National Merit University Scholarships
- 9 Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarships Award
- 10 Total Nigeria Scholarships – National Merit Undergraduate Award
- 11 Addax Petroleum/NNPC Scholarships Programme
- 12 NPDC/SEPLAT Undergraduate Scholarships Awards
- 13 MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarships
- 14 MUSTE Scholarships for Undergraduate Nigerian Students
- 15 The scholarship is offered for students in Nigerian Universities and higher institutions.
- 15.1 Gani Fawehinmi Scholarships Award for Nigerian Students
- 15.2 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships in Nigeria – for African Students
- 15.3 NWAG Scholarships for Nigerian Women
- 15.4 MTN Foundation / MUSON Music Scholarship Awards
- 15.5 Merry Hearts Scholarships for Pre-university Students
- 15.6 Globacom GBAM Scholarships
- 15.7 American University of Nigeria Scholarships
- 16 Nigerian Girls Scholarships Fund
- 17 Caleb University Scholarships for Lagos Indigenes
- 18 Conclusion
Complete List Of Best Undergraduate Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF)
SEOF offers undergraduate scholarship awards to deserving Nigerians. The foundation believes that education is the cornerstone of our future.
As a result, the foundation provides comprehensive university scholarships to academically gifted but economically disadvantaged students. Since its inception, over 120 scholarships have been granted. And for beneficiaries that graduate at the top of their class, the student will receive a car and offered full-time employment within the Chrome Group of Companies.
Federal Government Scholarships
With support from the Ministry of Education, qualified Nigerian students in Nigerian public tertiary institutions can participate in selection interviews.
All undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at Nigerian tertiary institutions are eligible and the scholarship scheme is available every year.
Also, this scholarship is applicable to Nigerian student studying abroad. The courses available under this scheme include Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.
Also, the scholarship is available at Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
You can study in any of these countries: Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan and Macedonia.
The Postgraduate (PG) studies are tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, etc)
However, you have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship
- Must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
If you’re eligible, you’re to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Usually, you’re expected to submit two sets of the printed and completed application forms at the interview centre along with the following attachments:
- Application Form
- Data page of the current International passport, and
- Four (4) passport-sized coloured photographs on white background;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the
- Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
The undergraduate scholarship is available under the PTDF Scholarship Scheme
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), an agency under the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. The PTDF Scholarship is awarded for po studies in the United Kingdom, France and upgraded Universities in Nigeria. However, the Undergraduate level will be awarded for studies in Nigeria only.
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarships Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD – Overseas
This scholarship is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate Nigerian students. Also, the scholarship is available to students in Nigeria and foreign countries. Some of the countries include Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c
Lagos State Scholarships Award – Local and Foreign
The Lagos State Government provides local and foreign scholarships to indigenes and residents.
The local scholarship is applicable to students of Lagos State origin except otherwise directed by His Excellency. The students that qualify for this scholarship should be on full-time and not part-time studies at any Nigerian tertiary institution.
This award is designed for students of Lagos State origin admitted for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes in recognized tertiary institutions outside Nigeria.
If you’re interested, you can visit the scholarship website for more information.
Agbami Scholarship for 100 and 200 Level Undergraduate Nigeria Students
Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited, a Chevron company and operator of the Agbami Field, in its continuous support for capacity building in the Health and Engineering sectors as a strategic feed into the national manpower pool, offers a number of University Scholarship Awards to qualified Nigerian students of ALL the states of the Federation. The Agbami Scholarship is open for Year 1 and 2 Nigerian University students.
Agip Scholarships for Undergraduate Nigerian Students
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited offers Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme for Undergraduate Nigerian 100 level Students. Only candidates studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences are eligible for the National Merit Award. For the Host Community merit Award (for students from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states,) other fields of study may be considered.
Mobil Nigeria Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
The Mobil Nigeria National Undergraduate Scholarship Awards is open for students in Nigerian Universities. The scholarship is available to qualify and suitable students from every state of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Shell Scholarship for Nigeria University Students
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first-year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills-base among young Nigerians.
Shell/SNEPCo National Merit University Scholarships
The Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) National Merit University Scheme is open to undergraduate students in Nigerian universities. The merit-based scholarship is open for full-time undergraduates studying specific engineering and science courses.
Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarships Award
The Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Award is available for first-year Undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
The Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme started in 1998 as part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility to Nigerian Citizens to boost human capacity development.
Total Nigeria Scholarships – National Merit Undergraduate Award
Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) is totally committed to the educational development of Nigerian Students through its annual award of scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in secondary and tertiary institutions as well as those in postgraduate studies.
Addax Petroleum/NNPC Scholarships Programme
Addax Petroleum Development (Nig) Limited offers the National Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme for full time 100 level undergraduate students in any Nigeria Universities, Polytechnic or College of Education.
NPDC/SEPLAT Undergraduate Scholarships Awards
The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited and Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc Joint Venture offers an undergraduate scholarship Awards.
The scholarship award is open to qualified and interested second-year undergraduates of Nigerian Public Universities.
MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarships
The MTN Foundation, Nigeria offers its MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarships for Undergraduate students in various fields of studies tenable at Nigerian tertiary institutions. MTN Foundation Scholarships will be renewed for the existing students provided they have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
MUSTE Scholarships for Undergraduate Nigerian Students
The Mankind United To Support Total Education (MUSTE) is a Scholarship arm of Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation. It was founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia in the year 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. Jim Ovia is the founder and Chairman of Zenith Bank.
The scholarship is offered for students in Nigerian Universities and higher institutions.
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarships Award for Nigerian Students
The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board offers N4 million worth of scholarships for 20 to 40 Nigerian Students in Nigeria tertiary institution.
The scholarship is applicable to students in Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships in Nigeria – for African Students
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program awards full-ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
NWAG Scholarships for Nigerian Women
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate Scholarships for 37 Nigerian female students (one per state of origin) in Nigerian universities on any course of study. The scholarship fund is N50000.
MTN Foundation / MUSON Music Scholarship Awards
The Musical Society of Nigeria in conjunction with The MTN Foundation offers the MTNF/MUSON Scholarship programme for a diploma course in Music at The MUSON School of Music, Lagos. The sponsorship cover tuition, book allowance, and stipend (pocket allowance). The deadline is usually in September. The foundation recently graduated its 10th set of scholars.
Merry Hearts Scholarships for Pre-university Students
The Merry Heart Scholarship isn’t exactly for undergraduate students. In this case, the Merry Hearts Foundation Inc reaches out to underprivileged pre-university youths in impoverished regions of the world.
This Scholarship Fund provides financial, moral, material and intellectual support in equipping students with the tools they need to succeed academically and socially.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship are needs-based. Basically, students are chosen to be recipients of the scholarship based upon the students’ family income, family structure and the total cost of attending the chosen school.
Also, the students are evaluated based on past academic performance, i.e. has the student proven that they are serious about their education by maintaining a satisfactory academic record.
The application for the scholarship includes the following:
- Two letters of recommendation, one from the student’s parent and the other from a school official or member of staff,
- a 500-word essay,
- Your most current academic report and a photo ID must be received by the foundation in order for you to be considered for the scholarship award
Globacom GBAM Scholarships
The GBAM Scholarships, a major aspect of Globacom’s youth G-BAM Hi5ive program. This scholarship empowers both the Secondary and Tertiary (University, College of Education and Polytechnic) student in Nigeria by offering a scholarship of $5 million for 1,000 students.
If you want to be eligible for this scholarship, below are the eligibility requirements:
- You must be a Glo G-Bam Hi 5ive customer (To migrate, dial *100*5*1#
- You must recharge at least a cumulative of N500 in a month.
- You must be enrolled in either a secondary school or a tertiary institution in Nigeria.
American University of Nigeria Scholarships
The American University of Nigeria Scholarships is open to all students. It is a way of promoting and encouraging bright students in their academic pursuit. The school’s primary academic partner in the US is Tulane University; the college supports development efforts around the world.
This scholarship is available to 15% of the student body at the American University of Nigeria.
Nigerian Girls Scholarships Fund
This program provides financial assistance to needy girls entering senior secondary school in Kano and Katsina states of northern Nigeria.
The number of girls out of school in these states is extremely high. Usually, the program supports the scholarship recipients until they graduate.
The girls are chosen on the basis of their academic record, financial need and service to the community.
Caleb University Scholarships for Lagos Indigenes
Caleb University is a Private Christian University that offers scholarship to successful candidates on any of its full-time degree programmes.
The eligibility criteria include a minimum of 5 credits obtained in two sittings at the SSCE/WASCE, GCE, NECO with results obtained before registration. You’re also expected to have scored at least 180 in the UTME.
So that’s it. You have scores of scholarship opportunities to choose from if you’re a Nigerian student studying at any of the Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
I hope I have answered your question, now please share to your loved ones and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!